Thursday, October 2, 2008

Men's Retreat in Hua Hin; A Band of Brothers

Last weekend, I attended a men's retreat with ECB (Evangelical Church of Bangkok)that was about 2 1/2 hours south of Bangkok in Hua Hin. While the resort we stayed in was a Golf and Spa Resort, we were a short distance to the Gulf of Thailand. It was a great retreat with 68 men in attendance. The retreat was a great way for me to connect with a lot of new men that I would have never seen or connected with just going to church on Sunday. Needless to say, I had a great time and the food was fabulous. I have already contacted several men since I've been back to talk with them more about BSF. I pray that my contacts with these men will bare fruit in terms of introducing them to BSF. Below are a few pics of the weekend

The entrance to Springfield Village Golf and Spa Resort

Pastor John Teschan leading the men with the theme of "A Band of Brothers"

A group shot of the men while listening to Pastor John

During Saturday afternoon, I took a break by the pool for some relaxation and swimming. Some of the men opted to play golf, others went to the nearby beach resort (a 15 minute van ride), but I chose to hang around the pool instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the new post! We continue to pray for you all! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!
Love,
Julie